When creating a play area for children,.the most essential item for you to consider is the surface. Not only will it be the most used item of equipment but choosing the correct solution will ensure their safety.
For playground facilities and private back garden play spaces, rubber playground matting is the most popular option because the material is easily installed even in hard-to-reach or uneven surfaces.
The general characteristics of rubber play matting are as follows:
One of the prime characteristics of playground matting is extreme durability. These are made of strong materials that can last for a very long period of time as compared to other flooring options. Despite being in regular use, the quality and appearance of the rubber flooring remain intact.
Safety is a major concern for children while playing and other physical activities. Therefore, play matting should be slip resistance to avoid any injuries during playtime. Rubber safety matting is one such flooring option that offers anti-slippery surfaces that reduces the chances of falling and getting injured.
Rubber play matting is weatherproofed that can resist extreme weather conditions without affecting its surface quality. Being positioned in the outdoor spaces, the floor is constantly exposed to harsh sunlight, heat, and moisture. This can damage the flooring material giving it a rough and uneven surface.
Rubber play matting requires a minimum cleaning effort to maintain its quality and utility. These are plain surfaces that are weatherproofed and do not let dust and moisture accumulate. A regular dusting and washing drill is sufficient to keep the surface clean and dust-free.
Fire resistance is a crucial feature that makes rubber play matting an ideal choice. Whether placed indoors or outdoors, the flooring must be fire resistant in order to be safe for children playing around. Fire emergency can arise anytime and it can worsen the damage if the floors are not resistant to fire.
The manufacturing process of rubber flooring is eco-friendly that releases no harmful toxins into the environment. Natural rubber comes under renewable natural resources and has no critical impact on the environment. Other raw materials used in the production are majorly recyclable and cause no significant pollution effects.
The utility of rubber play matting is not just restricted to children’s playground areas. The rubber flooring is available in different colors and designs which can be used in gyms, dance rooms, airports, hospitals, etc. The high resistance and low maintenance quality make it an ideal choice for heavy traffic areas.
Find out all of the benefits of rubber flooring in the following section.
- Shock Absorbent
Rubber flooring readily meets with the industry safety standards for shock absorbency.
- Perfect for Chemical Sensitivity
The EPDM and SBR rubbers used for making playground matting are free from any sort of chemicals.
- ADA Compliant
You will find rubber playground matting mostly accessible even for wheelchairs. Hence, children with any disability can use the surfacing without having any trouble.
- Less Falls
This surfacing option has anti-slip quality that makes them ideal for playground surfacing application.
Material Quality Benefits
- Rubber matting does not create folds and gives a smooth, even surface preventing trips and falls.
- Available in a variety of colours and designs that enable users to be creative when it comes to installing playground surfacing.
- Odour free and therefore also suitable for indoor recreation areas.
- Suitable and durable enough for roof-top play areas.
- There is less maintenance with rubber flooring tiles and rolls; hence, they have a lower maintenance cost. They don’t tear or damage easily and can easily be repaired. Easy-to-clean and durable, rubber will stand the test of time and is an absolute budget-friendly purchase.
- The installation cost for rubber tiles or roll format is low to other types of flooring.
- Installation of rubber matting is simple and easy therefore you won’t need a high-end professional to do the installation. You can install it by yourself, with or without adhesive..
- You can install tiles in any pattern you like therefore you can be as creative as you want.
- Some tile options come with connector pieces allowing the mats to easily be adjoined with less movement.
- Adhesive is not essential as the tiles are weighty enough to butt side by side therefore if you wanted a less permanent space, the tiles can be lifted and reused elsewhere.
There are a number of benefits of using rubber playground matting for your play area in terms of safety, maintenance and cost which are the key factors to be considered in a child’s play enviroment. Therefore, if you’re planning to set up or renovate the playground area for children, playground safety matting is a perfect choice. We at Sprung have a wide range of rubber flooring options available in different colors and designs. Get top-quality products at the best prices. Hurry up, check out now!